Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Church

Church
The melody of the hymn was broken by the clatter of a tank rolling by outside the window. Combat Church this feels so strange. As the speaker gave his message two helicopters flew low overhead. I cannot get over it this is a church in a combat zone. At any moment a mortar could hit this church but I seem to disappear from the existence I have come to know over the last few months. It is as if I am back home in my church in Merkel sitting with my family rejoicing. The tanks and helicopters making me return ever so briefly from the place my heart does truly long to be. Life away is hard but my life itself has never been better. I am able to see from a far what people can see everyday. I have a truly wonderful family, wife and kids who love their husband/father. I have a wonderful church family whose support is wonderful and for the first time in life I can say that I actually have true friends. I would like to thank all who supported My Family while we went through some trying times.

No comments: