Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Censored

Censored
Today I had a meeting with a man who I have nothing but respect for. I was told that my last article Silence should not be sent to my home town newspaper. I listened to the reasoning attentively and nodded a few time here and there but I do not understand. People are dieing over here and that is what I wrote. I wrote the feelings I had when I found out that death was so close that day. I do not understand and really do not feel much like writing anymore. He recommended posting my writings on a Bloger or something to that affect. What I have written is from the heart and I guess that is not acceptable in certain settings. If it is a recruiting thing that we are trying not to ruin then enlistment would be a lie. Soldiers die and have been dieing nearly everyday for some two or three years since the beginning of this conflict. I am confused. I want to write about everything that goes on but want to share with the people I know not so much the people I do not. Feelings can’t be censored but who is allowed to hear or read about them obviously can be. Not intended to offend intended to express feelings and nothing more.

No comments: