Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Final Good-bye

Final Good-bye
This was by for the toughest thing I have ever done. As I hugged one of my sons and told him good-bye my wife burst into tears. I went to comfort her and reassure her of that which I was unsure of (my return) both of my boys began to cry. Even Andy sensed the high emotion and seemed to get teary eyed. I had only met Andy a couple of months back. He is a foreign exchange student who is staying with my sister. As I watched them drive away I felt as if a weight had been lifted and wiped a lonely tear from my eye. I spent several minutes alone to shake off the emotion remember “Real Men” don’t cry, and they don’t lie either. As we sat and waited for our departure my mind begins to wander. Did they make it home safe? I do not worry as much for my safety as I do for theirs; I just want my family to be the same when I return, as it was when I left. However I know that this is just not possible. I think back on the 9 days spent at home but it just seemed like 2. The days quickly passed like a movie flash back. If you love someone set them free, if they return it was meant to be. We will be back God willing.

No comments: